Ask an entrepreneur, and he will tell that driving inbound-lead growth is never easy. But what if we tell you that it is much more simpler.
Seeing the inbound-growth increase and attracting new customers is possible, regardless of which industry your startup targets to. If you are willing to put efforts then you can increase your companies revenue through inbound marketing.
Here are the 10 steps that will propel your efforts, are we ready for this?
1. Setting up a business goal
The first thing is all about your overall business goal and what’s you plan to achieve through the inbound-lead growth?
- Is it about higher overall revenue
- Increase social presence
- Increase the membership signups
Take time to clearly outline what exactly you want. You should focus on SMART (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-based) goals that will help to determine a exact goal for your startup.
2. Get idea about your customer
You need to know about the customers, and what they are looking for. There are few things that you need to answer for getting a clear idea of your customer,
- What are they like?
- Why are they here?
- What keeps them up at night?
- How can you solve their problems?
- What do you want them to do?
- How can you best reach them?
- How might they resist?
3. Know customer’s journey
Things you would need to identify is how your customer reached you. Answer following question to help you get those answers,
- How do customers reach your website? (For example: paid, search, social media)
- What content leads them to the end conversion page?
- Where do they go once they arrive on your website?
The question will help you to make customisations to your website you attract more users to your system.
4. Hire talented and experienced staff members
For your startup to grow, you will need skilled and experienced professionals. You would need people who are skilled in,
- Graphic designing
- Social media
- Email marketing
- Content strategy
On-board them earlier in the process and their knowledge will help you to propel your growth.
5. Know about your competition
Know your competitors, and see what they are doing right. This will help you plan how to replicate their success for your brand.
- What kind of traffic are they acquiring?
- Where do they seem to get their traffic from?
- What keywords are they using to attract people to their sites?
- What external websites link to their sites?
The information will help your marketing team to make planned steps.
6. Know your website
You need to ask question such as, to know how your business measures up.
- Is my web design aligned with current standards?
- Do my pages have a clear, concise message?
- Have I included calls to action in key areas?
- Can visitors quickly digest and understand the content?
- Does the content adding value?
7. Create workflows
Identify the steps that the visitors will take when they are on your website. This will help you to combine the customer’s journey with conversions on your website.
8. Three month strategy
Create a strong three month strategy once you have everything in place. This gives enough time to start seeing dramatic growth.
9. Identify premium content opportunities
Plan to deploy premium contents on your website,
- Case studies
10. Stick to your plan
The biggest mistakes startups do is not sticking to the plan. Though the results might be discouraging, but remember that its a long term strategy rather than overnight growth.