A mobile app in the security space, Wegilant announced that it had raised USD 500,000 from existing investors in a pre-series A round. The round was led by investors that included
- Ravi Gururaj-Chair NASSCOM Product Council
- Gaurav Sharma-Director Yahoo Inc.
- Viswanath Ramachandran-Ex-Gupshup CTO
- SINE-IIT Bombay Business Incubator
How it All Started
- Founded in Year 2011 – The startup was founded by Toshendra Sharma. In their early days, a major part of Wegilant’s business came from training. They would provide training to corporates, engineering students and school students through workshops on ethical hacking, cyber forensics, bluetooth hacking, Android application development, robotics, and Java.
- July 2014 – It launched Appvigil as a cloud-based Android app security scanner. Its a flagship product of the company which focusses on Mobile Reputation Protection Suite for enterprises, an looks for the security vulnerabilities and loopholes in mobile apps.
- December 2014 – Raised INR 1 Crore to strengthen their team and to enable product development.
Expansion and Future Plans
- Set up an office in Gurgaon apart from Mumbai to accelerate business expansion and plans to expand to the other cities in India.
- Team strength has been doubled from 11 to 22 employees.
According to Toshendra , CEO of Wegilant
The funds will be used towards technology expansion, research and development and customer acquisition. Previously, we were offering app security solutions in the Android environment only and now as a natural business extension, are expanding to iOS and Windows operating systems as well.
Others in the same space are companies like Zozolo, PRM Fincon, Appknox and Mobibit