The Startup ecosystem of India needs a boost to make its presence felt on the international arena. This is precisely what PM Modi has in mind as he attends the India-US StartupKonnect 2015.
Among other things there were 7 important MoUs signed on this occassion to boost the Startups in India. We have tried to list them for you:
- The first MoU was signed between Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms and the California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences is to develop Indo-US Life Science Sister Innovation Hub in order to enhance science-based entrepreneurship, research, academia and businesses by leveraging each other’s ecosystems.
- Department of Biotechnology and Prakash Lab, Stanford University signed another MoU on Foldscope – a frugal science innovation that has emerged from a lab of an Indian with majority of Indians working in this laboratory. This lab will work with DBT to further develop and deploy the products from this lab.
- National Association of Software and Service Companies ( NASSCOM) and the Indus Entrepreneurs signed a MoU to collaborate in order to support the creation of a vibrant ecosystem to foster technology entrepreneurship in India and Silicon Valley.
- IIM Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) and Lester Centre for Entrepreneurship of the Haas Business School of the University of California, signed a MoU to collaborate on mutual incubation, and support each other’s activities of mutual interest.
- CIIE also signed a MoU with Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator to extend NGIN Membership benefits to CIIE. The CIIE /LACI NGIN Landing Pad Programme is a reciprocal initiative that enables entrepreneurs and innovators in the cleantech space to gain access to the California and Indian markets.The programme will assist early and growth stage cleantech companies with market expansion through partnerships and funding opportunities in California and India.
- IIM Ahmedabad’s CIIE signed a MoU with Tata Trust for founding partner for the Bharat Fund, which will provide seed funding to Indian entrepreneurs.
- CIIE also signed a MoU with Google to support technology and impact entrepreneurs through strategic support.