Following the deadly terror attach in Paris Friday night, all the major Indian information technology companies, have issued statement about safety of their employees and have sent them advisory to follow local guidelines from advisory.
France is an important market for India’s $146 billion IT outsourcing industry. The companies either send their employees to the client’s location or either fulfil contracts by locally hiring at the client locations.
A spokesperson from TCS, said,
“All our employees in the area are safe. We have asked our employees to follow the guidelines announced by the local authorities,”
Among the European countries France is one of TCS’s largest markets and as per the statistics from December last year, the company had deployed about 1400 consultants in the country. TCS has a strong foothold in France and had started its operations in the country from 1992 onwards. It has invested in the country through local hiring as well as the acquisition in 2013 of Alti SA, one of the top five system integrators of SAP solutions in France.
Condemning the terror attacks in Paris, HCL Technologies said,
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of France in this difficult hour. Keeping our employees safe and secure is our highest priority. We have issued an advisory to our Paris-based employees sensitizing them about the on-ground situation and suggesting them to stay indoors.”
Alongside, TCS, HCL also has a strong presence in France and has generated employment opportunities locally. The company counts Europe as one of its biggest markets and has its presence in 18 European countries, with over 4500 consultants working for over 200 Europeans customers.
The other major Indian IT giant Infosys, who have around 241 people deployed in various projects across France, said,
“We are in touch with our employees in the city and have asked them to follow the guidelines and instructions that the local authorities have issued. We are monitoring the situation and are offering assistance wherever required,”
Wipro who has several offices in France released a statement saying,
“We have connected with most of our employees by now and they are all safe. We have reached out to the others. Necessary emergency procedures have been activated and we continue to monitor the situation,”
In addition to the above, India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has confirmed that there are no Indian casualties in the deadly attacks so far, the ministry has also provided the contact number of the Indian Embassy in Paris.