This week, Bangalore based B2B logistics startup, BlackBuck has raised $25 million. Pune-based startup Faasos, a technology-focused quick-service restaurant chain had raised $30 million. There were many other acquisitions and fundings that made the rounds this week. Lets take a look at some of the news which made headlines in the startup space.
1. Chillr Raises $7 Million In Series A From Sequoia & Others
Chillr, a peer-to-peer payments and money transfer app, has closed its Series A funding round with $7 million raised from Blume Ventures, Uniqorn Ventures, Sequoia Capital and others.
2. Holisol Logistics raises $10M in funding from CLSA Capital Partners
3. Luxepolis to raise around $1M from Mumbai-based investor
Luxepolis Retail Services Pvt Ltd, which runs an online marketplace for new and pre-owned luxury products, plans to raise Rs 6.6 crore (around $1 million) as seed fund from a Mumbai-based institutional investor by the end of this month.
4. Hyderabad-based payment solutions start-up Paynear raises $2.5M
Hyderabad-based payment solutions provider Paynear Solutions Pvt Ltd announced on Thursday that it has raised pre-Series A funding of $ 2.5 million (approximately Rs 16.70 crore) from serial investor Mitesh Majithia.
5. Online branded furniture startup HomeStudio raises $5M in seed funding
Online branded furniture startup HomeStudio has raised $5 million (Rs 33.4 crore) in seed funding from Bren Corporation.
6. Logistics startup BlackBuck grabs $25M in Series B funding from Tiger Global & others
Bangalore based Business-to-business logistics startup, BlackBuck has raised $25 million in Series B funding from Tiger Global, Russian billionaire-investor Yuri Milner’s Apoletto fund, existing investorsAccel Partners and Flipkart also participated in this round, said in a statement.
7. Online school of analytics training Jigsaw Academy raises Rs 20 crore
Jigsaw Academy, the online school of analytics, based out of Bangalore, has raised Rs 20 crore in its first round of funding led by Manipal Global Education Services. TV Mohandas Pai has also invested an undisclosed amount in his personal capacity.
8. Food technology startup Yumist raises Rs 12 crore
Yumist, a full-stack internet-first company operating in the daily meals segment, has raised $2 million or about Rs 12 crore, in a fresh round of funding led by Ronnie Screwvala’s fund Unilazer Ventures, with participation from existing investor Orios Venture Partners.
9. Furniture E-tailer CustomFurnish Raises Rs 30 Crore From Agnus Capital
Hyderabad based CustomFurnish.com, a vertically integrated e-commerce venture in the furniture and home furnishing space announced that it raised INR 30 Cr in a fresh round of funding from Bangalore based family office Agnus Capital.
10. Food tech startup, Faasos raises $30M funding from ru-Net & others
Pune-based startup Faasos, a technology-focused quick-service restaurant chain backed by Sequoia Capital is raising $30 million from Russian firm ru-Net. The existing investors also includes Lightbox Ventures from which it raised $20 million (Rs 120 crore) early this year.