Learning to program is awesome. You can make yourself think in very different ways, and learn a trade that will be extremely useful in years to come. Plus, it’s fun!
There are plenty of programs on desktop computers for writing and compiling code – but what about on Android? There are apps that will hopefully make your life easier while programming, whether you are just beginning, or have been programming your whole life. Productivity is extremely important in programming, so maybe a few of these apps will help you be on your way to being a coding maniac!
Let’s take a look at apps that can help you code, edit, compile and run your source code on the move.
1. C4droid – C/C++ compiler & IDE
C4droid is a very popular and user-friendly C/C++ IDE and compiler for Android platform. You can write and run C and C++ programs directly on your phone. It is a paid app and I personally used it. It is really great application for C/C++ programmers. Some of its features are mentioned below.
- Create your own applications on android device and run them even without internet access
- Source code editor with syntax highlighting, tabs, code completion, code formatting, file association and undo/redo
- Easily export and share your programs as APKs or native executables (for terminal apps)
- No root access is required
- Full ANSI C and ISO C99 support with TCC (Tiny C Compiler) + uClibc
- Supports Git integration
- Customize the GUI, choose where to place tabs and buttons, various themes are also supported.
2. AIDE- IDE for Android Java C++
AIDE is an IDE for developing real Android apps directly on Android device. If you are an android or java developer then AIDE is a great app for you. It also allows C and C++ development. In short it is an all in one IDE which allows you to develop Android, Java, C and C++ projects on your mobile. AIDE also provide lessons that will help to learn Android app development and Java programming. Below are some of its important features.
- Interactive lessons for Android, Java and Game development
- Edit, compile and run code with single click. No root access is required.
- Debug Android Java apps and Java Console apps
- Real-time error checking, Code Refactoring
- Code completion and syntax highlighting, Dropbox integration
3. C# To Go
If you love C# programming so much then C# To Go app will let you to do C# programming anywhere on your mobile. It is like having mini C# compiler in your pocket. C# To Go provides various features like code completion, syntax highlighting, etc. It is also a free app which can be downloaded from google play store freely.
CppDroid is another simple free app with C/C++ IDE and compiler for android devices. It is mainly focused on learning programming languages and libraries.
- Complete code , real-time diagnostics with warnings, errors and fixes.
- File and tutorial navigator, static analysis.
- Smart syntax highlighting, and auto pairing and auto indentation.
- Compile and run C/C++ code without root access .
- Works offline, Dropbox support.
5. QPython – Python for Android
QPython is a script engine that runs Python scripts and projects on android devices. It contains the Python interpreter, console, editor, and the SL4A Library for Android. It offers a great development kit which lets you easily develop Python projects and scripts on your phone.