Are you an aspiring candidate looking to enter the banking industry? Do you wish to have a lucrative career in the Banking domain? If you aim to have a stable job in the monetary sector, and your answer to the above questions is in the affirmative, read this article to know more!
One of the leading banks in India, IDBI (Industrial Development Bank of India) has released its recruitment initiative for the year 2023 on its official website, www.idbibank.in. Another option to apply is through the official website of IBPS, ibps.in. IBPS is the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection under the proprietorship of the Government of India and the Ministry of Finance.
The IDBI Bank offers a wide range of services and products and has a robust presence in the financial sector business that includes capital markets, mutual funds, and the investment banking domain. It has several digital products for its esteemed customers along with a widespread network of ATM across the country.
With digital being the future of banking, it is only going to get bigger and better for aspiring financial candidates to make a stable career in this field.
Today the Indian economy is on the cusp of a financial boom. Even though the fears of the recession still linger largely, it is still in its best form. With the Budget of 2023, there are several reforms introduced in the financial and banking sector. The recruitment scenario also looks upbeat providing an opportunity for young candidates to make a mark in this field.
As with any job opening, there are certain criteria to fulfill, the recruitment drive of IDBI also entails certain procedures wherein the candidate should be aware of.
IDBI Recruitment 2023 Notification, Vacancies, And Eligibility Details
|Start Date of Online Registration & Payment of Application Fee/ Intimation Charges – Online:||February 21, 2023.|
|Last Date of Online Registration & Payment of Application Fee/ Intimation Charges – Online:||March 03, 2023|
The total number of vacancies open for this expedition is 114 in groups B, C, and D.
The Application Fees category-wise segregation is as follows
- GEN/OBC/CWS- 1000/-
- SC/ST – 200/-
The payment modes typically are via credit/debit cards or digital wallets.
IDBI Recruitment 2023 Grade Classifications
|Deputy General Manager, Grade ‘D’
Minimum: 35 years, Maximum: 45 years
|A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1978 and not later than 01.01.1988. (both dates inclusive)|
|Assistant General Manager, Grade ‘C’
Minimum: 28 years, Maximum: 40 years
|A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1983 and not later than 01.01.1995. (both dates inclusive)|
|Manager – Grade ‘B’
Minimum: 25 years, Maximum: 35 years
|A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1988 and not later than 01.01.1998. (both dates inclusive)|
Relaxation for the age limit in a different category
Category Age Relaxation
a) Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe- 5 years
b) Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)- 3 years
c) Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invaliding- 5 years
d) Persons affected by the 1984 riots- 5 years
Once a prospective candidate has gone through the age criteria one needs to check with the vacancies and their distribution
1. Details of IDBI Vacancies
|Sr no||Postcode/ Functional Area||Manager||Assistant General Manager||Deputy General Manager||Total Vacancies|
|1||Digital Banking and Emerging Payments||42||7||2||51|
|2||Information Technology and MIS (IT and MIS)||33||22||8||63|
2. Details of Reservation (Caste Basis)
|Post||Unreserved||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||Total number of vacancies|
|Manager Grade B||31||12||5||20||7||75|
|Assistant GM Grade C||13||3||3||8||2||29|
|Deputy General Manager DGM Grade B||4||2||0||3||1||10|
Other Eligibility Criteria For IDBI Recruitment
- Candidates who are having a record of being defaulters in loan payments/ credit card dues/ or any kind of allegations against them are liable to get disqualified at any stage of the recruitment procedure.
- Candidates against whom there are adverse charges with respect to the character or any other serious crime will also be disqualified by the bank.
- Completing the entire process of form filling online will be considered as the final consent by the candidate and on no grounds, the application fee will be reimbursed.
- Medical Fitness certification is compulsory for appointment into the banking candidature.
For checking the educational requirements and eligibility criteria for each post we request the candidate to go through the official PDF by IDBI.
After going through the main requirement for the application, the next step is filling out the form. Most of the instructions mentioned are self-explanatory and with online procedures, the candidate can fill out the form easily.
The IDBI application procedure For IDBI Recruitment 2023
- Visit the official website of IDBI
- Click on the careers tab wherein a new page will open.
- There will be a tab SO recruitment online link.
- The candidate will have to register for a login.
- Carefully fill in the application form with all the details.
- It is recommended to cross-check all the information thoroughly.
- After filling in all the details correctly, click submit and download a copy for your reference.
- It is recommended to keep a hard copy of the application form.
Today applying for any kind of job has become smooth and time-saving due to the online application producers. This is true in the case of a banking job too.
A career in banking in the future is more than just performing clerical duties. It calls for specialized posts with prestigious work profiles and a stable future. However, one needs to be adept at several other functions also such as alertness, clarity, a knack to deal with people and solving their queries and digitally upgrading oneself.
An SO (Specialized Officer) job profile gives one an opportunity to fully optimize their talents. Since it involves a specialized domain, it is necessary for one possesses all the key skills to carry out the functions interruptedly.
The typical functions that they carry out are
Just as the name suggests these are specialized posts relating to different fields. They typically range from IT, Agriculture, Law, Marketing officer, and HR Personal. The duties and functions depend on these different domains.
- Induction of new employees, and training new employees.
- Overseeing IT operations.
- Working on key banking policies, marketing campaigns, and several promotional activities.
- Suggest any kind of innovative policies in relation to the RBI rules and regulations.
- Ensuring communication is carried out smoothly between employees and customers.
- Overseeing digital marketing operations of the bank.
- A SO officer also enjoys several perks during the tenure.
It is also important while preparing for an SO entrance exam, one needs to stay updated about the current trends in the banking and financial sector. This can be a force to reckon with, especially in group discussions or personal interviews. It shows that you have a keen interest in your chosen profession and make it easy for the interviewer to select you on the same basis.
Kindly note that the entire procedure is strictly merit-based and there is absolutely no scope for the recommendation. If one is a staff candidate, one needs to refer to the internal circular of the bank before applying online.
Some important pointers to note-
- Once the date of application has lapsed, the candidate cannot apply under any circumstance. The candidate will need to wait till next year.
- The entire process of registration will be complete only when the candidate pays the application fee.
- It is requested for the applicants time and again check the official website of IDBI to check for any changes with respect to the application procedures. There will no separate communication with the candidate.
- Candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the educational qualifications for the specific post. No queries will be entertained later.
- It is solely the right of the Bank to increase or reduce the number of posts depending on the requirement. In such a case the bank can put the candidate on a waitlist.
- If you have filled the form for more than two posts then the Bank reserves the right to cancel both of your applications. One can apply to only a single post.
1. Is it compulsory to apply online or can one fill out the form and submit it to the bank?
It is compulsory for all candidates to fill in the application form online and there is no other procedure.
2. What are the responsibilities of an IDBI SO officer?
The typical duties of an SO officer include monitoring the core banking system, data maintenance and support of the software, management of the IT team, and managing queries related to digital banking and ATMs.
3. Is it compulsory to have 60% and above in your graduation for applying for SO?
No, it is not compulsory, however, criteria differ from bank to bank. It is recommended to check the official PDF of IDBI bank on their official website.
4. Can a person from the science stream apply for a SO officer job?
Yes, a person from any graduation stream can apply for an SO officer job.
5. What is the selection procedure for the SO post?
The selection process will consist of a preliminary screening of the application and an online test, upon which the candidate will be called for group discussion, and after that personal interview. Kindly note it is at the sole discretion of the bank to reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of recruitment.
6. I do not have a passport or a driving license. Can my voter’s ID card be shown as proof of identification?
Yes, the candidate’s voter’s ID card is a valid document for identity verification.
7. What is the time period to know whether a candidate has passed the preliminary round?
It is difficult to tell the actual time when one would get to know the results. It totally depends on the bank management process. It is requested to have a valid email ID or a registered phone number, in case of any updates and lest one missed them.
8. Can a candidate apply for more than one position?
No, the application procedure does not allow for multiple applications. One can apply only for one position.
9. I applied online but it said non-generation of E- receipt. What should I need to do in such a case?
In case there is a failure of E-receipt generation, one has to apply again. Candidates must ensure they have a strong network connection and see to it no improper information is filled.
10. What is the salary for an IBDI SO?
The salary structure depends on the type of position one has been selected. It can start tentatively from 35,000 per month to around 80,000 as the ranks get higher.
11. I have done my post-graduation in MBA Marketing (part-time) Am I eligible for applying?
Most of the requirements for the post of SO officer are for full-time graduates or post-graduates. The candidate needs to check the eligibility criteria as it differs from bank to bank.
12. Is it necessary to have knowledge of IT for applying for an SO?
That depends on which post one is applying for. If the post is of an IT officer it is mandatory to have knowledge of the IT domain. For other posts, it is not required.